Thursday, April 24, 2008

BOB: Logs and Exponents

After reading my own blog, I realized I myself didn't even BOB yet.. ): So here I am with another one!

The very beginning of this unit wasn't so bad, we started with pretty simple questions which I was comfortable solving. Though Mr. K says we'll forget about the whole a "logarithm is an exponent," I hope I won't forget but there are moments where I do :( In the beginning of the unit the questions were straight forward and I have to admitt, I liked solving many of them. I felt comfortable using the product, quotient, and power law as well as solving the logarithmic equations. I also found that using "ln" is easier, just because it's one letter less than log. Just kidding! Actually, I don't mind using "ln" I find it the same but I do struggle with a few questions.

I guess the most trouble I have in this unit is exponential modeling. It's sort of confusing only because I have a harder time understanding what the question is asking. I never really liked word problems and even back in the day, I wasn't very good at it. I guess it just takes a bit more time for me. I also have trouble with graphing different exponential functions. I had trouble with graphing before and I don't think I'll be good at that certain area.

Other than that, I thought this unit wasn't so bad, a lot of algebra, but it still wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully I do really well for tomorrow's test and even though I say that, after writing the test, I always feel like I bombed it. ): Anyways, that's all folks and goodluck to everyone!

No comments: