Thursday, April 24, 2008

BOB Version 4: Exponents and Logarithms

Dear BOB,

I'm not comfortable with the graphing section of this unit.

Yes BOB, that's my first sentence of this post. Yes, I'm breaking the traditional rules of paragraph-writing by moving a detail up to the front line, where my introduction should be, so that my point stands out definite, clear, and observable. This just means I have to put time in to graphing exponential and logarithmic functions because, as the saying goes, practice makes perfect.

Well if reading that first statement gave you an unhappy impression, well guess what? As of now, I haven't done Exercise 27 or looked at the stuff that our class did while I was away at my mini-u and conferences, honestly speaking, which means I have to put a bit more emphasis in that section of this unit when studying.

But if you're feeling so depressed, don't worry about it! On the brighter side, I can handle the basics of this unit and the stuff we previously learned near the beginning of this unit, i.e., solving exponential and logarithmic equations and using logarithmic theorems. PLUS, I STILL REMEMBER THAT A LOGARITHM IS AN EXPONENT! (Even though I'm admitting to Special K that he was right--that I did forget that important fact from time to time.)

I hope we can come to an understanding in precal. Let's hope that in the end we all end up as happy smiling people infecting the world with our angelic smiles.

That is all for now. Good day.

Sincerely yours,

zeph

1 comment:

m@rk said...

Zeph,

Good BOB post! It seems to me that this new format is going to attract more attention. There are more people who are going to imitate this, much like your other format. Over my two years with Mr. K, I've never seen this done before. You are continually proving that math coexist with language. Good luck on the upcoming test.

-m@rk