Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BOB For Combinatorics

When I heard counting I thought, "Weeell, how hard could that be?" It turns out, pretty hard. It didn't take me long to realize that counting, was like probability, and I don't like probability. =/ Just like I didn't enjoy this unit.

It was probably the wording or word problems that got me. I also didn't like how sometimes you had to experiment until you got it right, kind of like Trig Identities.. except less fun. It took me a while to understand 'pick' and 'choose'. Well, not really understand, understand, but it took me a while to see how to apply it, I guess. There were a lot of stuff in this unit that made me go, 'what?' at first. It's just, a whole bunch of numbers everywhere. Especially with the binomial theorem idea. But after I noticed the pattern, it wasn't too bad, though I still had to concentrate so as not to lose track of what I'm doing. There was that one question we did in class where I wasn't really paying attention and I ended up missing b^1 so the whole thing ended up being wrong. So yes, I have to pay attention.

I didn't like this unit, honestly. I'm happy and sad at the same time that the test is tomorrow. It's like, "Yes! The test is tomorrow! IT'S OVER!" and then at the same time it's like, "OH NO! The test is tomorrow!" Youu know? Hahah, I agree with Kristina, I miss logs too.

No comments: