Thursday, May 8, 2008

MY PREMEDITATED COMBINATORIC BOB

Cominatoric BOB— sounds like a transformer or a robot or something. IRON MAN! eheheh Look at us and our shameless plugs, advertising movies. I am a sublinminal message. Anyhow, I know this is almost really late, but I couldn’t BOB previously because I don’t have internet access anymore. It’s a long story. So I wrote this on Microsoft Word and I’m going to paste it on. I have to admit, this was a fun unit. We learned about “counting” how could that not be fun? But straight to the point. These are only some of the things I learned this unit:

- There IS a difference between PICK and CHOOSE
- A combination lock is not really supposed to be a combination lock, but rather a permutation lock because the order of which the numbers are inputted matter.
- 49 nCr 6 is the actual number of different combinations that can be entered in 6/49 lottery which totals up to 13 983 816. What an investment that is…especially for those depending on it. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I just had to say.
- A circle was once again to be proven as such a special case as we subtracted 1 so that it is the REFERENCE point and then chose a number.
- Pascal’s Triangle [STOLEN] contained many different patterns and sequences, especially sequences significant to quadratic functions and whatever they’re called if there are more than just four…They deal with binomials so to say.
- Poker is a game of chance! [not factorial, but I mean it. Don’t gamble. Count cards and play Blackjack. It works…Winner Winner Chicken Dinner]


On the other hand, we all have our troubles, and these were some of mine:
- I still sometimes have a hard time knowing whether or not the problem deals with factorials or not. Because it could be using exponents like the one question in the pre-test with the number of questions vs. the number of answers. (4^20)(5^10) or something… with four being the possible number of answers to the twentieth because there are 20 questions classified this way and five to the tenth.
- Remembering how to calculate the chances of getting each type of poker hand when you’re considering what suit it is, how many there are, etc…
- When to normally multiply and not use factorials, I think it was also something Mr. K mentioned also.

I know this BOB was a little paint-by-numbers but I think I reached the objective of why we do these BOB’s. I didn’t actually entertain much, but that doesn’t matter because I did actually REFLECT today and I hope I’m ready for the test today. I’m going to slash it with my conic shward. You have to love subtitles and dubbing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't really steal what you don't know exists... especially 400 years prior.

zeph said...

heey!

i like that picture of yours. what is it of? =)